I pursued a career in Chinese medicine following a lifetime of playing sports and receiving treatments from many different modalities. As a varsity athlete at the University of Victoria, where I received my undergrad in Bio-Psych, I developed the intricate and powerful connection between wellness and elite performance. Through Oriental medicine I learned how to help the body heal, by treating it as a whole and getting to the root cause of the physical symptoms. Through manual osteopathic techniques I have learned how to assess misalignments and malpositioning in the musculoskeletal system. This allows me to diagnose and treat the body in its entirety.
As an Acupuncturist and a manual therapist in downtown Vancouver for over 10 years I have treated many athletes from around Vancouver including: The Canadian Women’s soccer team, the Vancouver Canucks, the Vancouver Whitecaps and the BC Lions. I also worked with the 2014 Grey Cup winning team, the Calgary Stampeders and with the band U2 when they come through town on their tours.
In addition to soft tissue treatments, I am passionate in treating a wide variety of conditions including: allergies, stress, digestion, addiction, sleep disturbances, depression, gynecological/menopausal issues, anti-aging facial work, and hormonal imbalances.
- Manual Osteopathy, a gentle manual approach based on the concept that the body can formulate its own remedies against diseases when its parts are in a normal structural relationship, it has a normal environment, and it enjoys good nutrition. Osteopathy is particularly concerned with maintaining correct relationships between bones, muscles, and connective tissues. The practice of osteopathy includes gentle manipulations, Craniosacral therapy, and visceral manipulation.
- Cupping for releasing fascial restrictions
- Herbal remedies to aid in balancing the body systems
- Kiiko Matsumoto-Style Hara™ Acupuncture, (Japanese palpation) an extremely gentle needling technique for constitutional imbalances and diagnosis
- Facial Rejuvenation™, for facial wrinkles and sagging
- Sports Medicine Acupuncture™, for all types of injuries
- Auricular Acupuncture for addiction, weight control, smoking cessation
- Esotheric™ Acupuncture for psycho-somatic issues (depression, anxiety, phobias, sleep disturbances)
- Acutonics™, sound therapy used at a cellular level because all organisms communicate and read their environment by evaluating energy fields, the behaviour of energy waves is important because vibrational frequencies can alter the physical and chemical properties of an atom as surely as physical signals like histamine and estrogen. This can be used as an adjunct with needling or as a way to gain the benefits of using the energetic system of TCM without the use of needles. It’s great for kids too!
With all the stressors in modern living it is a constant struggle to be and remain balanced. Please feel free to email me any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org