Nebilah has started to practice as a Registered Massage Therapist in downtown Vancouver since just after the Olympics in 2010. She graduated from The West Coast College of Massage Therapy in New Westminster, BC in 2009. She is a member of good standing with the RMTBC and the CMTBC. Before she decided to become an RMT, Nebilah was very keen on energy and alternative healing modalities. She is a Reiki Master and has been a Member of the Canadian Reiki Association since its inception in 2004. She loves a good book, and is an avid hiker. As a past dancing and running enthusiast, she also understands the importance of physical therapeutic maintenance and upkeep for a vital and healthy lifestyle.
Just recently a new resident of Nanaimo, she is excited and honoured to bring her skill set and her healing work there. She has a passion for continued learning of human anatomy and physiology as well as the more subtle workings of energy, breath, and meditation. Nebilah has a deep understanding and acceptance of the uniqueness of every body that finds their way to her table. She is able to balance her treatments with both therapeutic and relaxing techniques. She also incorporates breath work and visualization.
Nebilah has experience in treating various muscle imbalances due overuse injuries and postural imbalances, motor vehicle and sports related injuries, chronic neck and back pain. Some of the techniques she uses are: cranio sacral, myofascial release, trigger point release, muscle energy technique, joint mobilizations, Swedish, and when necessary she will use deep tissue release and gentle visceral manipulation.
She looks forward to meeting existing and new patients at Solace Wellness Centre and sincerely hopes she can make a small positive difference in your lives!
Education and Training:
• 2018 – Introduction to Visceral Manipulation
• 2016 – Biodynamic Cranio Sacral Therapy Certificate (One Year Certificate Program)
• 2015 – Biodynamic Myofascial Mobilization – Cervical Region and Shoulder Complex
• 2013 – Biodynamic Cranio Sacral – TMJ Complex
• 2013 – Myofascial Release – The Spine
• 2012 – Visceral Manipulation Level One and Two
• 2009 – WCCMT Graduate
• 2005 – Level Three Reiki Master Certificate
• 2004 – Level Two Reiki Certificate
• 2001 – Level One Reiki Certificate
• 1996 – SFU Bachelors of Arts Degree